2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 1:14 PM by mark_scott

Thumbs down for MLion color picker

jrenfrew

Here's an an interesting bit of what in the car industry is called 'TVM' - you know when this years model does not contain a radio to save cost at the production end...

My color picker on Mac has a lot of stored colours, including some crefully workd out shades for easy application in client projects

Unless I am being VERY stupid it looks like upgraging to ML has removed a significant part of this behaviour and I have lost all that hard work I tried so hard to keep

See attached shot for what I am left with.

First its color storage, next it will be removal of optical drives from new Macs. (REALLY!! some of us do work in a world where not everything is connceted to the internet - or as in my case right now working in Morocco with a net speed that would make you wince with pain and makes downloading of ANYTHING more than plain text impossible)

So who has the email of the engineers responsible for this debacle??

Screen Shot 2012-10-28 at 10.05.40.png

• 1. Re: Thumbs down for MLion color picker
          jrenfrew

@egbert

Thanks..... NO idea why that didnt work for me last night!! Maybe trackpad accuracy rather than the mouse I usually use

But the plist tip is a fabulous one. Does that mean you could swap colour panels between machines and keep one with specific project colours in??

• 2. Re: Thumbs down for MLion color picker
            mark_scott

One additional Color Picker trick is that you can save your own color palettes, naming both your palettes and the inidvidual colors within.  This helps keep project-specific palettes well organized.

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 1.13.52 PM.png

Best,

Mark

(There was a recent thread in which I mused that Windows presumably provides similar functionality, and was swiftly but humorously admonished by another poster who surmised that "you don't use Windows, do you?".  )