3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 10:10 AM by Shauniedarko

Calculation Field in Portal Blank in Hosted File FM12

Shauniedarko

Happy Tuesday everyone!

So, this is a weird one... I'm using a heavily modified version of Virtual List. Basically, it grabs a bunch of data, puts it into global variables, which are read by an Interface table. The list is then put into a portal via a self join. I modified it to use ExecuteSQL to get the data rather than opening new windows, and so that it acted as more of an interactive hierarchical list. It works great in FMPA12, FMP12, FMGo12...so long as it's installed locally. Once I try to access it as a hosted file, it ceases to work. The portal is blank.

I've run down every lead I could. The scripts and calculations are working as expected, and the data viewer is showing that all my global variables are filled out as expected. The Interface layout is also filled out properly. For some reason, the portal is simply not grabbing the data and displaying it and I can't for the life of me figure out why. All my Filemaker applications are up to date. I found that there was a known bug where portal filters would fail under certain circumstances (when the operators ≠≤≥ were used) but my portal is not filtered. However, the self-join relationship is a ≥ relationship...Only, FileMaker lists that bug as fixed with version 12.02.

I'm wondering if anyone has run across this or might be able to point me in the right direction. It's just so weird...the portal works exactly as expected under every circumstance, on every version of FM12 unless it's hosted...then it breaks.

Thanks

Shaun