5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2012 3:19 PM by petermontague1

Default opening layouts

petermontague1

Is it possible to set a default layout to be opened for:

specific users and

specific platforms: e.g. Filemaker Go for ipad and Filemaker Go for iPhone etc.

• 1. Re: Default opening layouts
          nickchapin

This would have to be done in an opening script, not in the File Options.

Set your opening script (File Options > Triggers). In that check for the active account, user, platform, whatever you need to check, then nav to the layout for that instance.

Nick

• 2. Re: Default opening layouts
            Malcolm

Is it possible to set a default layout to be opened for:

specific users and

specific platforms: e.g. Filemaker Go for ipad and Filemaker Go for iPhone etc.

Of course. It has to be script driven but the script can be set to "onLayoutEnter" so it triggers before anything else.

malcolm

• 3. Re: Default opening layouts
              petermontague1

In file options > triggers I don't see an option to check for active account, user, platform etc. So I presume you meant that I get the script to check for this information. I didn't see any checking script steps. How would I script to check?

Peter.

• 4. Re: Default opening layouts
                nickchapin

Yes, Peter. You would want to perform a script using either the on open trigger in file options.

Create a script called "Open" or something similar; in that script use an "If x = y then goto layout A else if x = z goto layout B else if..." structure.

Replace x with Get ( AccountName ) or Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) or Get ( UserName ) or Get ( SystemPlatform ) or whatever depending on your needs and access structure.

Replace y and z with whatever you need to test against ( user is Bob, user is Sally, platform is Go, etc.). You can even test if user is bob AND platform is Go.

Nick

• 5. Re: Default opening layouts
                  petermontague1

That looks great. I'll do that.