2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 6:27 AM by Anirudh

Can we transfer all table data to another table...

Anirudh

Greetings to all !!!!!!

I want to create archive file for reports. In it, I want to put a button by which all the data of layout (table)trasfer to another table and layout remain empty for next entries...

How do i do it???

Have anyone solution for it, please share it with me....

• 1. Re: Can we transfer all table data to another table...
          LyndsayHowarth

You can export records creating a new but featureless FM database with the table data inside.

You can also have an "Archive" database which you import your main file's data into.

You do these by creating scripts that are assigned to a button on the layout.

For the first option: The script steps must find the right data then export all the fields... saving the new document with a name which clearly states it is archive data. You might call each file by a name like "clients_YYMMDD" so they are sorted by date in a folder.

For the second option: you have to have the script find the right data then run a script in the archive database and to import the data then go back to the original file and delete the data.

HTH

- Lyndsay

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can we transfer all table data to another table...
            Anirudh

Ok It should be helpful but I did it by script with one dummy table... Thanks for respond...

Anirudh