3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 10:18 AM by StephenWonfor

How can we disable any control ???

Anirudh

Hi to all !!!!

I want that if I select 1 option from radio button then other radio button group should be disable..????

Please Share your Knowledge..

Thanks in Advance..

Anirudh

• 1. Re: How can we disable any control ???
          StephenWonfor

Anirudh

Without knowing more of what you are doing you could...

1.  Set a script trigger on enter that prevented re-entry to the field if the field is not empty.

2.  Use the same field twice with a different one item radio for each then use a trigger to prevent entry.

3.  repeat 2 and use conditional formatting to hide the copy of the field with no data in it

Stephen

• 2. Re: How can we disable any control ???
            Anirudh

Stephen

I am working on Order form of Bakary in which I have to put two type of cake .

1. Theme cake and

2. Custom Cake.

when user select Custom cake ( by radio button), order form show the fields for customize cake(such as color, decoration , flavour etc.)

but when user select Theme cake( already available in bakery) , the customization fields have to hidden or disable .

I am unable to fully understand what you told in your reply, Please reply in brief.

Thanks for your response

Anirudh

• 3. Re: How can we disable any control ???
              StephenWonfor

Anirudh

If you placed your options - color, decoration - etc. into a separate data table you could use the Custom and Theme values in a key field in a relationship to the options where only "custom" would return valid data in a portal.

Stephen