4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2012 12:22 PM by TimGriffith

A Noted Anomoly

TimGriffith

Platform: Mac OS X 10.7.5

Version: FMPA 12.0 v3

Environment: Manage Scripts

When you double click on the right side of full field name ( such as 'field' in the following... database::field Name ), copy [command C], then select another right side of a full field name and paste [command V], a space is inserted before the paste, even though a space was not included in the copied selection. [See screenshot attachment]

• 1. Re: A Noted Anomoly
          databuzz

Hi Tim,

This issue has been around for a while now. I'm now trained to look for the leading space if I get an error when clicking OK in the calc dialog, but would love to see the back of this one.

I would encourage you to report this as a bug to FMI and hopefully it will be addressed in a future release - the more feedback the better.

regards,

Andrew

FileMaker 12/11/10/9/8 Certified Developer

Databuzz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Phone: +61 2 9484 6565

Mobile: +61 418 468 103

Email: andrew@databuzz.com.au

http://www.databuzz.com.au

• 2. Re: A Noted Anomoly
            TimGriffith

What avenue would I take to report this to Filemaker? I purused Technet a did not see anyplace for reporting something like this. Is there a way to do it in Filmaker.com proper?

• 3. Re: A Noted Anomoly
              BeatriceBeaubien

Hi Tim,

It's under the Help Menu, "Provide FIleMaker Feedback", and the "Report Product Issues" selection on the left of the subsequent Web page. Then select the language under the FileMaker icon. The go to Using FileMaker Pro in the Support Forum.

Best wishes,

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD

i2eye, Toronto, Canada

FileMaker Business Alliance

FileMaker 12 Certified Developer

Knowledge Translation Certified Professional

• 4. Re: A Noted Anomoly
                TimGriffith

Oooooh... just figured it out... you mean 'Help' in the FMPA12 program!... Thanks