4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2013 3:59 PM by jgalt

Font display issue on iPod

jrenfrew

Am doing a proof of concept demo for a potential client.

FmGO 12.0.6 on a gen4 ipod touch with ios 5.1.1

I am trying to get a time display stacked in a square box for design reasons -

10:

using Helvetica Neue.

To make this work I reduced the line space to 0.7

shows fine on a demo iPad but on the touch the reduced line space seems to NOT be honoured.

Is this an issue, either with the software, OS, or me??

John

• 1. Re: Font display issue on iPod
          DavidZakary

What if you were to break it in to two elements and use the formatting controls on the inspector - set the top to display hours and the bottom to display minutes? This would eliminate the line spacing issue.

• 2. Re: Font display issue on iPod
            jrenfrew

I am displaying it as a merge variable

but in any case eithert that way or as a field it doesn't work because when you choose 'mm' as the display format it does not display the minute component but converts the time to minutes

Clearly I can create a calc field just for the minutes display but that is adding all the time to the overhead rather than it displaying as one might expect.

• 3. Re: Font display issue on iPod
              jrenfrew

Can confirm this is not an ios5 issue having tested with 6, it seems that ANY amount less than 1.0 lines is not honoured

Am reporting this as a bug. As it is.

• 4. Re: Font display issue on iPod
                jgalt

The best I can tell, fixing display issues is low on their priority list. I have seen three updates for FM12 and FM12GO over the past 9 months and no GUI issues have been fixed. For that matter, no performance issues have been fixed either. I can only assume that they are busy working on the next feature that they can "sell" rather than fixing the poorly implemented ones that we have already purchased.