4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 9:34 AM by MikeMcErlean

Web viewer timing out

MikeMcErlean

My client's web viewer times out when looking up google maps. This has been working for years without modifications. The strange thing is that it is only a problem in their office. I can connect to their server remotely and the maps work as expected.

They can use safari to lookup the google map that won't work in the web viewer.

Can someone direct me to somthing that will fix this issue?

OS 10.8.1

FileMaker 11.0v4

• 1. Re: Web viewer timing out
          melastudio

It's very strange. Could try making some restart, or  trying to upgrade to 10.8.2 (if you don't have any cause not to upgrade). All the machine in office do the same behavior?

If it's only one you could also try to reinstall FileMaker...

I know : not so useful my contribute

:-)

• 2. Re: Web viewer timing out
            mbraendle

I would check network configuration of the computer as well as the network components first (NIC, cable, router) first.

• 3. Re: Web viewer timing out
              MikeMcErlean

It is alll the machines in the office. I even put my laptop on their network, and found the same issue.

• 4. Re: Web viewer timing out
                MikeMcErlean

I found a fix, but still don't know why this became an issue.

I determined that, from the client's location, the web viewer can't resolve the 'local.google.ca/maps'" address, but can resolve "google.ca/maps". 

I confirmed that Safari and Internet Explorer (using Parrallels on my MacBook Pro) also couldn't resolve the address from the client's location. They can get maps if they type the addresses by directly into the web interface for google maps. I could get the default address to work from my MacBook from a remote location.

I changed the address in the web browser from the 'default' for Google Maps (CAN) to a custom address using 'google.ca/maps' and everything works as it should again.