AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal relationships

Question asked by ls441 on Nov 10, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 by ls441

This is a question regarding portals. I'm new to TechNet, so I hope this is cogent.

I have a layout where the intent was to display 5 different product options for comparison, like the apple store when comparing specs to buy a computer. The goal is to present 5 candidates from the inventory file, and record the item selected.

The layout context is the table Sales_offer which is related to Inventory via the stock number. There are 6 fields in Sales_offer of importance: Stock# and Candidate_Stk#1, thru 5, Each is related to a different Table occurance of Inventory.

The Layout has 3 tabs, A) a portal for the selection of the 5 stock numbers to populate the comparison, B) the 5 sets of data as a vertical comparison, C) the selected item in full detail

My intent was to have the customer view Tab A to select an inventory item by clicking on a portal line and to transfer the stock# from the selected portal line to the next unfilled candidate instance in Tab B.

Great plan, but I have not been able to find a way to display all inventory records in the portal.

Inventory has a field named INV_status which contains text constrianed to the values "INV", "Pending", or "Sold". The Sales_offer table has a global field containing "INV". I was hoping to use a relation from the Sales_offer global field to Inventory::INV_status to allow the portal to display all inventory records, but I can't get it to work.

This amateur would appreciate any tips!

Outcomes