1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 1:24 PM by LSNOVER

Modifying container data within FM 12

deninger

I have an problem that I am looking for a more elegant solution for.

I import image data from a MS SQL Server into FM12 via an ODBC connection. The image data successfully makes the transition, but shows up only as "Untitled.dat" within the container.

My inelegant solution to this point has been to export the data locally (on the client) and then reimport it. After that, the image displays in the container field as expected.

This is clunky, and I am trying to figure out a way to do this in memory or maybe on the FM Server on demand.

SO....

Is there any way to grab the contents of a container into a variable and reinsert it into a container field to acheive this?

Mike

• 1. Re: Modifying container data within FM 12
          LSNOVER

Mike:

There's not much in the Filemaker script arsenal for playing with the Container data.  I'm curently fighting that myself.   One thing that you may be able to try... What happens if you use the external storage option for the Container data?  Wonder if that would get you the same result without moving the data in and out of Filemaker.   Of course that would assume that keeping the data external is acceptable.