FileMaker Server – Beyond the Admin Console
Your databases are only as good as the servers on which they run. Fast, reliable operation of your server is essential to get the best performance from your database. In fact, the most important decisions you’ll make in regard to your server’s performance happen before you install FileMaker Server.
Join FM Academy for a webinar that will show you how to select and configure the ideal server for your organization.
We will explore the following topics:
- Why a database server is different from a file server
- Pros and cons of a PC server vs a Mac
- Examples of Good, Better and Best hardware configurations for each platform
- What to look for when picking hard drives, network cards and other components
- Benefits of RAID arrays and how to determine the best type for your server
- When to consider virtualization
- How to configure your OS for best performance
- The best locations for hosted files and backups
- What you can do to get a few more years out of an older server
Who Should Attend?
- FileMaker Pro Developers
- FileMaker Pro Users
About the Sponsor and Presenter:
This webinar is being offered by the FM Academy, a consortium of leading FileMaker development companies in the United States. All FM Academy members are Platinum-level members of the FileMaker Business Alliance, and our purpose is to further educate FileMaker users and developers to encourage best practices and foster further adoption of the software.
Title: FileMaker Server – Beyond the Admin Console
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT