2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2012 11:06 AM by pad-man

FM12 and FMG solution to replace Quickbooks for Mac

pad-man

I am looking for an alternative to Quickbooks for Mac 2011 where I can use a FM on my Mac and FMG on the iPad or phone. Need the basic accounting functionality not all of the QB bells and whistles. Would like to sync or download info from iPad so there is no duplication of data entry.

Has anyone had experience using the FM QB Connector? Cannot be used intrepid and phone as well? Thanks for any suggestions.

Zapple

• 1. Re: FM12 and FMG solution to replace Quickbooks for Mac
          mikebeargie

I have experience with FMBooks from Productive Computing, but it has some limitations, mostly in the way it needs to authenticate with quickbooks.

Plugins are not compatible with iOS, so you would need to use another plugin (IE mirrorSync or goZync) to sync your data between a desktop computer and iOS.Or always be connected to a server hosted version of the file from iOS.

Overall I think it's just easier to use and try to customize quickbooks. You might find Productive Computing's products helpful, but it might require many hours of customization to fit your needs.

• 2. Re: FM12 and FMG solution to replace Quickbooks for Mac
            pad-man

Thanks for the reply Mike.

To narrow it down to the basic function I am looking for,  I am looking for  a way to have my product s and pricing available to me, which I can do in Dropbox , so I can prepare an invoice and quote on the fly and email from the iPad,  then sync the information to my QB for Mac data file. any suggestions for this? Thanks in advance.

Zapple