4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 12:40 AM by AllegroDataSolutions

Outlook Asking to Confirm Every E-Mail in Found Set (FMP 11 & Win 7)

AllegroDataSolutions

I am modifying a solution that I developed for a client in FMP11 and is seeing behavior that I have never seen before. The client is using Windows 7 and Outlook Express as its default e-mail client. I have replicated the issue on one of my machines with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. A description of the issue follows:

When running a script that sends an e-mail message to every record in the found set, Windows shows a dialog asking the user to confirm each message before it is sent. Each message displays a progress bar that takes about half a minute to complete and make the Allow button active. This organization will typically send a message to up to 200 of its members at a pop, so this delay (and requiring user intervention for every record) is unreasonably time consuming.

Windows 7 claims that the reason for this dialog is that the anti-virus software is not up to date. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. I still get the message if I update my anti-virus program and virus definition database immediately before running the script. (Even when the Outlook Trust Center shows the Virus Status to be Valid).

I can't seem to disable this feature, either. Checking the option in the Outlook Trust Center to "Never warn me about suspicious activity" has no effect -- although this is the solution listed in Outlook's online Help system.

Any ideas?

Thanks.