5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 12:43 AM by richardsrussell

Regular Re-Indexing of "Get ( CurrentDate )" Calculations

richardsrussell

I have a portal in which I want to display rentable items that have been reserved IN THE FUTURE, so we don't double-book them. To reduce clutter, I don't want to show items that have been reserved in the past. Therefore, I linked the record for the rentable item to the reservations table using as a target field a calculation that would match the item's ID code IF the "Due Back Date" is greater than "Get ( CurrentDate )". It worked just slick with test data when I set it up and delivered it to the client.

A month later, tho, she complained that it was still showing reservations for dates that had already passed. I was puzzled. After various fiddles, it turned out that the thing that made the difference was UNindexing the target field, then REindexing it. Apparently the calculation indexes the field AT THE TIME IT'S CREATED, then never goes back to revisit the value, even if the field is needed to anchor one end of a relationship.

This makes me sad. I don't want to have to manually unindex and reindex the field every time I need to use it (which is daily), and just leaving it unindexed results in no hits whatsoever.

What do do, what to do?