1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 8:43 AM by KenNewell

Linking to an MRI image

ChrisG

Dear FMP gurus

I am using a container field to store a reference to external files. I like the fact that one can double click them and they open in the application in which they were created. This all works well until I start storing refrences to MRI images. An MRI is similar to a movie in that it has many frames making up the complete picture. Because of this an MRI requires a viewer application. In this case we are using something called E Film. Here is what happens, the first time one clicks on the MRI reference in the container, it opens up correctly in E Film. When one clicks another MRI, E Film comes to the front but it still displays the first MRI. Can anyone perhaps think of somethong I could do differently to overcome this issue?

The setup is as follows: FMP 12, FMS 12 and Windows XP and 7. All images are stored on a shared drive on the server.

thank you

Chris G

• 1. Re: Linking to an MRI image
          KenNewell

It sounds like you are viewing them in it's native app.  Would it be possible to view it through a different ap or webviwer?

Any way with script trigger that you could close the first window prior to opening the second?

Just a couple of thoughts to investigate.