2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 9:29 AM by datastride

How to disable some items in pop-up menu, with a condition.

Hemant Kumar Patel

Hello All,

I am new to File Maker and developing App, in that I need to disable some items of a pop-up menu depending on the value of a specific field.

E.g.- I have a pop-up that shows products, if a product is not available in stock that item should be greyed out and user can not select it from pop-up menu.

Have anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to disable some items in pop-up menu, with a condition.
          taylorsharpe

The popup can't have greyed out choices, but you can make a list based on a field that remove all non-available items from the popup list.  Or you could have the calculation field used by the vaue list to add a space or desgination character before the name to show it is available or not.  But if you want to do the greyed out thing, you'll have to do it in a portal window or make your own popup window as a new layout modal window.  There are some 3rd part plugins that give additional popup functionality too.  I image you could get tricky and do something like that with javascript in a web viewer inside your layout. 

• 2. Re: How to disable some items in pop-up menu, with a condition.
            datastride

You might want to have a look at the CNS Menu plug-in. It lets you:

* Sort menu items in any order

* Disable (gray-out) any menu itmes

* Create multi-level menus

* Make menu items bold or italic

* Put a bullet ahead of a line item (or items)

* And more

But best of all, it lets you create context-sensitive menus that can include dissimilar items, and script any actions based on the user's selection. It's very cool ... and inexpensive.

I use this in all my solutions these days. Wouldn't know what to do withouyt it!

1 of 1 people found this helpful