6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 9:33 AM by bnuttman

Calculate dates that are past due based on a calculated field

bnuttman

Hello,

I have a calculated field that calculates when reports for our students are due:

Basically, they are due every three months based on the entry date of the student. On the due date, the calculation updates to calculate the next due date. It is a moving target...

For example, Entry date is 6/1/12, then the report due date calculates to 9/1/12 and on 9/1/12, the field calculated to 12/1/12 and so on.

What I want to have happen is:

Reports not turned in by the due date need to be flagged and listed on a report of past due reports and the due date displayed. Currently that due date is updated to the next due date when that current due date is reached as explained above, it is not retained so that I can know if a report is past due or not.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Here is my calculation for the due dates (thanks to another post in this forum for this calculation)

Let ( [

today = Get ( CurrentDate ) ;

elapsedMonths = 12 * ( Year ( today ) - Year ( entrydate_last) ) + Month ( today ) - Month ( entrydate_last) - ( Day ( today ) < Day ( entrydate_last) ) ;

elapsedIntervals = Div ( elapsedMonths ; 3 )

] ;

Date ( Month ( entrydate_last) + 3 * ( elapsedIntervals + 1 ) ; Day ( entrydate_last) ; Year ( entrydate_last) )

)