1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2012 1:21 AM by gdurniak

FM 12 / FM 12 Adv Server Memory Issue

tpolland

Hi,

This is my first post as I couldn't find any information about this topic.

Problem Summery: FM database hosted by a dedicated FM Advanced Server consumes memory over time and never releases it. There is an auto import (ODBC) from SQL Server a series of tables every day through a FM client, during the process FM Server continues to consume memory until it reaches 99%. After the script completes, FM Server never releases the memory it consumed.

Server Specs (dedicated):

• Windows 2008 Server (64-bit)
      • 4 CPU
      • 16 GB RAM
      • C: Drive 60GB
      • D: Drive 1 TB of primary data storage
      • E: Drive 100 GB of log file storage
      • FM Advanced Server 12v3 (64-bit)
      • Cache set to 1500
      • End users: 3
      • One database - 86 GB in size growing by 10 GB per week

I moved a copy of the database to my local personal PC which has 24 GB of physical RAM and several TB of RAID storage to play around with some larger tasks). Below is a screen shot of performance on my PC running during an update to a calculated field across all the contained tables. Notice the memory section... 99% of my 24 GB is consumed during this process. (FM Pro Advanced 12v3)

Untitled-1.png

Temp solution that I don't like:

• I have a script that runs every night that stop/starts the FM Server services
      • This clears out all the memory that FM Server seems to have held onto... (total memory consumed returns to 12 %)

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a better way I can handle the memory issue?

Thanks in advance,

Travis