2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 4:28 PM by jarling

URL to open database password problems

jarling

Filemaker 12 Help has an article "Opening shared databases remotely using a URL". In that document, they give this example:

FMP://MyAccount:MyPassword@192.168.10.0/My%20Addresses.fmp12

I understood this to mean that I can embed my username and password and create a pretty .inetloc that will open a remote file and log me in. Unfortunately, it's not working as expected. Filemaker starts right up and connects to my remote file, but the log-in box arrives with empty fields for username and password. Any advice?

Filemaker Pro 12.0 v3

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Database remotely hosted

• 1. Re: URL to open database password problems
          LyndsayHowarth

I just tried it and it worked beautifully. It launched FileMaker then opened the file across the network.

I would say that you need to check that FM Net sharing is turned on in the file for the account's privilege set.

Check also that you have matched exactly the case (upper/lower) of the password.

Can you connect to your file using the regular Open Remote dialog?

- Lyndsay

• 2. Re: URL to open database password problems
            jarling

Hi, thank you.  Yes, I can open the file with "Open Remote".  I have checked username/password, even reworked both to eliminate spaces.  No matter what I change, the LogIn window arrives.  The only part of your solution I couldn't check was where you suggested "check that FM Net sharing" is turned on.  I'm not sure what you mean by this.  I assume it has to be turned on in order for me to have success with opening the file remotely.

Sorry for being very new to this.  Thanks again.