AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error Code 1506 When Sending Mail

Question asked by AllegroDataSolutions on Nov 26, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 by DSKatSCL

I am starting a new topic for this because I haven't gotten a response to my reply on another thread.

I am trying to send mail from a FMP 11 solution, using a script with the send mail step.

Today the client tested the script with a found set of records, all of which have valid email addresses in the field used for the intended recipeint.

The client reports that the script which sends the emails is reporting error code 1506 - "Email(s) could not be sent successfully " - which is not terribly helpful. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't all ready know and doesn't give us much of a clue as to what FMP doesn't like about the messages.

I tested it myself and even sent messages to the found set manually, using the File-Send-Email command and the client's SMTP server. I got an error message identical to the one above (the dialog read "Email(s) could not be sent successfully").

Does anyone have experience with this type of error? If so, can you provide more information about what may be causing the problem? Can it be resolved in FMP (i.e. can we rule out an issue with Verizon's server)?

Could the fact that the e-mail addresses and other content is in a SQL table have something to do with this?

Outcomes