4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 11:05 AM by MarkNZ

Layout Tool Bar

MarkNZ

Hi all,

Is there a way of removing the layout bar just under the Status Bar as I dont want to make layouts available to users this way?

I realise you can script to hide both the status bar and the layout bar together..but this dosnt suit as i would like only the status bar to be available....your thoughts

Mark

• 1. Re: Layout Tool Bar
          ErikWegweiser

I encounter this quite a bit in solutions where I do actually want to allow the user to use the Layouts pop-up menu to navigate between layouts. The problem, to which I'm sure you're referring, is that at certain times you DON'T want to allow the user to switch to a different layout, but you DO want the status bar and its controls.

One good solution is to use the OnLayoutExit layout script trigger (FMP 11 or 12)

For instance, in a recent solution I built, I have a "Leave Layout Control" script that is called by the OnLayoutExit trigger in some layouts.

If( $$allow_leave_layout = 1 or $$disable_triggers = 1

Exit Script [result = 1]

Else

Exit Script [result = 0]

End If

by setting the boolean value of either of these global variables, I set the exit script result that permists or prohibits the exit layout action from completing.

• 2. Re: Layout Tool Bar
            fm_wodge

this will not hide the layout bar but as you just don't want the users to be able to jump to layouts through the drop down list try this; File>Manage>Layouts and for each layout you wish to omit from the list deselect 'Include in the menu layout', hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Layout Tool Bar
              MarkNZ

Thanks Erik..will consider this

• 4. Re: Layout Tool Bar
                MarkNZ

Thanks..yes thats what I have done for now..cheers