4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 12:27 PM by Stephen Huston

Portal Update Problem on FileMaker Go 12

gmint

I'm having a bit of an issue with a portal updating in FileMaker Go 12.0.6 and any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the scenario: I am adding new records to a related table using a portal. I'm using the same technique reliably on the desktop. When I call a Commit Records step, everything updates as expected (portal resorts, new record is created as expected). However, on mobile, I've had sporadic results with the newly created record showing up right away. I've tried Commit Records, Refresh, and a host of other things to no avail. The only reliable workaround I have found (and which I am now using) is to create the record in the portal, switch to another layout and pause the script for 1 second (oddly, a .5 second pause doesn't always do the trick) and switch back to the original layout. It's a workaround, but this particular script adds items to a ticket for a POS and sticking in a pause (even if a short one) slows down the work flow more than I would like.

Has anyone else experienced this? Better yet, does anyone have a solution to this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated!