4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 10:26 AM by guy@guym.com

Send FM GO Files back to host or ftp server

guy@guym.com

How do you send GO files to ftp server... The GO files quickly get too big to email back for syncing. If I can get them to my ftps server, I can opne and import only updated records.

GO needs a way to export only selected records that contain containers. In fact, so does FM desktop.

Unless I'm missing something, any help woud be appreciated.

Of course, that begs the whole question of syncing data and what to do when the database design is updated.

Capt. Guy

• 1. Re: Send FM GO Files back to host or ftp server
          rgordon

Capt., it sounds like you are trying to use the save/send option with Go.  The problem with this as you found is you can only send the whole database which is too large.  Fortunately the solution to this is fairly easy to do. 

1. Create an intermediate files. 

2. Do a search for the recently modified records.

3. Import the found set of records into the intermediate file

4. Run the Save/send from the intermediate file

• 2. Re: Send FM GO Files back to host or ftp server
            guy@guym.com

No can do... GO cannot import, so my approach is to COPY the data and paste inot the intermediate file... very fast and uses little bandwidth, esp with 3g.

see FM GO developmetn guide:

Records script steps not supported

Import Records

Export Records

Save Records as PDF

Save Records as Excel

Save Records as Snapshot Link

• 3. Re: Send FM GO Files back to host or ftp server
              rgordon

Wrongo, FM GO can import Filemaker to filemaker.  You must be reading a very old FMGO manual.  Try using an up to date guide.

• 4. Re: Send FM GO Files back to host or ftp server
                guy@guym.com

Thanks, I tried importing and have a few questions... (none of my GO docs showed a chage in that feature, but anyway...)

I still get a GO popup that says importing is not supported on this device.

But, that only happens during some weird test.

HOW DO YOU CONSTARI THE IMPORT SET... importing seems to import all records, regardless of how many  are in teh found set.

go to app... find records ... click on "import" button which launches the transfer DB located on the server and executes the import script.

no matter, all records are imported.

Any ideas?