AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to Stream Videos over IWP on Internet Explorer ?

Question asked by Fred(CH) on Dec 6, 2012
Latest reply on May 30, 2014 by ChrisStapleton

I built a Media Center database with FileMaker Pro 12 for my customer that is hosted by their FileMaker Server 12 Advanced (FMSA). The managed files are Pictures, PDFs and Movies. This database contain two parts : internal, for media's managment, accessed with FileMaker Pro 12 clients and external, for their partners, that use the Instant Web Publishing (IWP) engine of FMSA. Recently, i tried to take advantage of the new Interactive Container function for the Movies. I communicated to my customer the recommended video formats of the IWP Guide : MP4, MOV and AVI. With FileMaker Pro, for the internal part, all works fine on both Mac and Windows. But on IWP, it only works with Safari on a Mac OS X (10.7 and 10.8) but doesn't Work on Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9 and Windows 7. A little blue logo appears on the Interactive Container's upper left corner (-> see my screenshot). After a contact with FileMaker's Support, i turned on many options in IE preferences and I declared Windows Media Player as default application, redefine file types associations, restarted the computer and after hours and hours of tests, it doesn'nt Work. Note : Of course I can read the same files locally, with the Windows Media Player application, perfectly.

Can anyone help me ?

Attachments

Outcomes