1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 3:47 PM by RossHurley

Checkboxes and radio buttons don't show in related fields in sub-tabs?

RossHurley

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a system for a client with an FM Go 11 system running on iPads. The lines of checkboxes and radio buttons don't show if the fields are related. The values show - it's just the lines that don't. lf I change them to fields from the table the layout is based on, the checkboxes and radio buttons show. Everything also shows perfectly on regular FM Pro on a computer. They don't show on FM Go 11. I haven't heard of this before, and an internet and archive search didn't turn up anything. Is this a known problem with FM11? I don't know it exists in FM12, and the client is still some way off converting to FM12, so I'd like to fix this in their current system.

Any help in fixing it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ross Hurley

Adelaide, Australia

• 1. Re: Checkboxes and radio buttons don't show in related fields in sub-tabs?
          RossHurley

Further investigation into this reveals that the lines only don't show on first going to the record. If a checkbox or radio button is tapped (to check it), the lines on all fields show. So, it's not a serious user issue, more of an inconvenience and poor user interface. Testing with FM Go 12 however shows it not to be a problem. All checkbox and radio  button lines show immediately. But, a little off topic for this thread but perhaps related in the root cause, is that in FM Go 12 a display I have of stacked container fields, all related through different checkbox fields, is blank until you click a checkbox. (It's a Tessier Cleft face diagram where the surgeon clicks the checkbox where the patient's cleft is and the line shows on the face diagram.) This display shows immediately in FM Go 11. The common factor in both FM Go 11 and Go 12 issues is that the fields are related. Perhaps FM Go, generally, has a refresh issue with related fields.

Ross Hurley