2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 10:55 AM by DavidZakary

A rectangle enclosing the whole Body part

alonso

Hello.

I am designing an Invoice document where we need to encolose the whole of the Body part within a single Rectangle. I have been unable to do it. A workaround may be to use some kind of image as in a Theme, but I would like to avoid that one. I tried to use a rectangle which starts above the Header/Body boundary and ends at below the Body/Footer boundary (as possible in some reporting applications) but it did not work. The rectangle will not stretch.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: A rectangle enclosing the whole Body part
          jormond

List view or Form view?

For Form view:

• Delete the Header and Footer, they aren't necessary.

For List view:

• It can be tricky...unless I have just always made it harder for myself than necessary.  Well actually, I just design to not enclose everything in a rectangle. lol
          • You create 6 objects.
            • 2 for the Header
              • 1 Rectangle with fill/border the color you want the border to be.
              • 1 Rectangle to sit overtop of the 1st rectangle. Slightly smaller and positioned to reveal only top and sides of the bigger rectangle ( hiding the bottom )
            • 2 for the Footer
              • 1 Rectangle to sit overtop of the 1st rectangle. Slightly smaller and positioned to reveal only bottom and sides of the bigger rectangle ( hiding the top )
            • 2 for the Body
              • 1 Rectangle to sit overtop of the 1st rectangle. Slightly smaller and positioned to reveal only the sides of the bigger rectangle ( hiding the top and bottom )
            • Position all 3 sets of rectangles to line, and make sure there are enough records to fill the page and render the body faux borders.
          • Scrap that whole idea and carefully script invoice creation and use a portal and form view.
          • 2. Re: A rectangle enclosing the whole Body part
            DavidZakary

Try using global fields too. That way you can use the field borders instead of masking rectangles.