4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 1:47 PM by Mike Duncan

Image Slidehow in Filemaker IWP

speckledchris

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you have found a plugin or elegant solution to create an image slidehow in Filemaker IWP? This solution only needs to loop through a set of images with a fade tranisition or something similar.

FYI, I have tried using a web viewer to frame a dedicated slideshow (built in Java) and it works great. However, the notorious inability to hide the web viewer border and scrollbars kills that idea (unless you have a solution to that as well that I can't find).

Thanks for all your help!!

• 1. Re: Image Slidehow in Filemaker IWP
          taylorsharpe

There are no plugins to alter the way IWP handles the web viewer.  But you can always go to a PHP solution and use all kinds of Java or Flash or whatever. 

• 2. Re: Image Slidehow in Filemaker IWP
            Mike Duncan

You should be able to do this with javascript... are there other requirements, like does it all need to work local, can it reference a page hosted on a web server? Where do the images need to come from?

I'm not sure what you mean by the web viewer border not being able to be hidden. That's certainly possible.

• 3. Re: Image Slidehow in Filemaker IWP
              speckledchris

Hey Taylor and Mike...

Thanks for the feedback!

Taylor...  I thotally agree.  However, I am looking for a solution in IWP.

Mike...  No it does not need to work local and yes it can reference a page hosted on a web server.  The images can be placed anywhere.  I have access to a server if its best to host there. 

In regards to the web viewer border not being able to be hidden (and the scroll bar too)....  I have not found a good way to accomplish that (at least in all browsers).  I have been able to elimiate it in Firefox but have had no luck in IE or Safari.  If you have some suggestions as to how you have accompoished this, I would really appreciate your insite!  Thansk for the help.

• 4. Re: Image Slidehow in Filemaker IWP
                Mike Duncan

Here's a javascript based one you can check out... I've used this before and it's a nice lib. This will work in a web viewer and auto-play.

http://galleria.io/

For no borders or scrollbars, you can handle this in the css for the page:

html, body { border: 0px; overflow: hidden; }

Hope this helps.