2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 1:56 AM by MichaelMaher

Citrix authentication failed - Admin

MichaelMaher

Just upgraded to FMSAv12 on a major project, and I switched on Warnings as well as Errors for notifications, to ensure all is well.

I am getting the following whenever a user logs on via Citrix:

2012-12-18 09:14:40.860 +1100 Warning 661 [server name] Client "[......]" authentication failed on database "[db name]" using "Admin [fmapp]".

It states the correct login name in the Client details (which I have left out of the above), but seems to be trying to log into the database on the server using the Citrix box's administration short name, before logging in using the Client username.

The Client doesn't notice any of this, but it probably causes a delay in the connection while FMS rejects the false authentication.

It is likely the installed FMP on the Citrix box has Admin in it's preferences as default username, but I don't see why that would cause it to try to connect to the FMS on that name.

The user logs into the Citrix client on their computer, using their organisational username and pswd. The startup file on the Citrix box has a startup script to open the db on FMS - no further login requests appear. The FMP startup script pulls the username and pswd from the Citrix logon. The FMS server has a local user group with the user's FM external authentication name matched. All works very smooth, except for this rejection of the Admin authentication.

Anyone know what is happening, and some way to remove this false authentication attempt?

Michael

Both the Citrix and the FMS are on Win 2008 R2

All using V12, but this happened on the v11 setup also.

• 1. Re: Citrix authentication failed - Admin
          AlanStirling

Hi Michael

One or more of your FileMaker files still has the default login set in 'File>File Options'. It is normally set to 'Admin' with a blank password.

Uncheck the box 'Log in using:' and it will stop.

It has happened to me before - and whilst checking the names of the menu items on a new file just now, I found another one I had missed!

Best wishes - Alan Stirling, London UK.

Alan Stirling Technology Ltd, 135 Lisson Grove, London NW1 6UP

+44 (0) 20 7724 2456 - alan@ast.fm - www.ast.fm.

FileMaker Certified Developer for versions 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.

• 2. Re: Citrix authentication failed - Admin
            MichaelMaher

Thanks Alan, that is the problem all right.

Unfortunately it doesn’t solve things for me yet. No matter how I set up the security of the startup file on the Citrix box, it won’t read through to Active Directory group account. Thus I need some account to automatically open the startup file. Somehow the FMS rejects the Admin account first, then finds the user’s Citrix login authentication, which works.

So far I have not been able to bypass the Admin auto open of the startup file, but I’ll keep trying.

Michael Maher

mmaher@bluepin.net.au