AnsweredAssumed Answered

Small portal used in list view-scrolling not fine enough

Question asked by macfilepro on Dec 19, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 by macfilepro

This is difficult to explain, but will be apparent when viewing the 4 pics I attached. I am using FileMaker 11.

I would ideally like to retain the list view shown as the user enters data. The problem is the portal. The user is able to create new records in a related table by entering in a new blank field in the portal. The trouble here is navigating in such a small field. The height of the body on this layout is 20 px. Clicking on the Up/Down arrows on the scroll bar moves the fields in the portal in such a way that they fall within partial view with each click. I have tried various combinations of portal height, field height, font size, border, etc., and I have not been able to find the desired setting whereby a click on the up/down arrow will move the next field perfectly in view.

My compromise would be to use form view with a much larger portal whereby this would not be an issue, or perhaps a list view with a much larger body. The advantage to having the 20 px body is the user can see many other records while entering data. (Yes, maybe having a second window is an option, but I'm trying to keep it simple)

Hopefully there are some tricks out there, as usual.

Thanks in advance to all

Mike

Attachments

Outcomes