2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 4:30 PM by StephenWonfor

Conversion Question

pedantic

I have a FM8.5 database replete with a large number of scripts and layouts (in excess of thirty each). I want to move the whole database first to FM11 and then to FM12.

As far as I can tell the move to FM11 should be painless, with few issues. No conversion is necessary except perhaps for a few tweaks.

The conversion to FM12, however will be a bit more problematic.

Are these good statements?

R,

John

• 1. Re: Conversion Question
          StephenWonfor

John

Pretty much no issue unless you have some very funky code. 11 to 12 has been no issue for me at all.  Same 7 to 12.

Stephen

“That’s what’s cool about working with computers.  They don’t argue, they remember everything, and they don’t drink all your beer.” ~Paul Leary

• 2. Re: Conversion Question
            StephenWonfor

John

Some horror stories regarding items with leading spaces or periods or vv.  But one should have "read the rules" way back then.  Currently dealing with an FMP5 solution that was forced into 12.  Who knew that "[" and "]" would be repurposed from zilch to important?  Conversion grandfathers these "errors" but any attempt to reuse or alter will invoke the new FMP engine - no tolerance.

Stephen

"Washington, DC is to lying what Wisconsin is to cheese." - Dennis Miller