taylorsharpe

FMS Scripting Engine stops working in upgrade to 12v3 on Mac 10.8

Discussion created by taylorsharpe on Dec 27, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2013 by pfroelicher

This has happened to me twice on three completely different Mac Server systems. I had a FMS 12v1 or v2 server on a Mac OS X Server 10.8 and I downloaded the upgrade to FMS 12v3. At the same time I also went through the upgrade to Java 7. After the Java 7 upgrade, I then run the FMS 12v3 updater and everything upgrades fine and there are no warnings of problems. However, when I go and check on Schedules, I find that no scripts can run. When I look at the logs, I get this error every time script tries to run:

Schedule "[Script Name]" aborted; FileMaker scripts can't be run because FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) process is stopped. Use the command "fmsadmin start fmse" to start the FMSE process.

I follow the instructions and go to Terminal and try to start FMSE with the "fmsadmin start fmse" command and it does not work. From the Admin Console I try stopping and restarting the FMS service and web publishing to no avail. I restart the entire server and it changes nothing and the FileMaker Script Engine does not work.

I then have to stop the database, export scripts/groups, uninstall FMS 12v3, reinstall FMS 12v1, and then run the upgrade again. After the complete reinstall, the FileMaker Script Engine works just fine.

Has anyone else noticed this same issue?

Outcomes