1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2013 10:06 AM by gdurniak

Printable report

robby@brays.net

Hello,

I am new to FileMaker Pro and have been working on a database to manage the production workflow through our operation. I have designed a database that allows me to write up work orders and then transfer the basic info from the work order to 5 different production areas using a tab form on each work order. Each tab has different portals showing the filtered records from each order ID # which puts the desired records along with associated inventory info and product info.

What I am trying to do s then print the information displaying on each tab to put it out into production. I can do this right now, but when I print it, it prints the layout colors and everything else on the screen view.

How can I just make it print the records on a plain white sheet. Is there a way to hide certain records or objects from printing.

Even when I build a report, it puts the report in a layout theme, and all I want to do is put it onto a white background.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoy FileMaker Pro and am really excited about all the potential that it offers.

Robby

• 1. Re: Printable report
          gdurniak

Tabs and Portals were just not designed to be printed

make a "print" script that flips to a proper List Layout, finds & prints, then returns

greg

> How can I just make it print the records  on a plain white sheet. Is there a way to hide certain records or objects from printing.