3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 2:52 AM by kacike

Prevent Deletion of FM Go File on IOS Device?

kacike

Is there a way to prevent the user form deleting a "File on Device" on the iPhone/iPad? Or is it possible to recuperate a file once deleted?

• 1. Re: Prevent Deletion of FM Go File on IOS Device?
          mikebeargie

The delete (slide and delete) is built into the iOS development toolkit, and appears to be FMGO using a native function. I could not figure out a way to block it.

In terms of recooping a file once deleted, it depends on method of implementation. If you are talking about a file on FMGO that has had records entered on the device, and was then deleted, then I do not know of any recovery method for that file.

I would recommend having some sort of backup plan or centrally hosted server sync (IE GoZync, MirrorSync) to protect your data in a non-iOS location. If you sync with iTunes regularly, you can backup your FMGO files there as well.

• 2. Re: Prevent Deletion of FM Go File on IOS Device?
            RubenVanDenBoogaard

I don't think you can prevent the user from deleting a file from the list in FM GO, but if you make the file hidden from the list

and use a start file or url to open that file. the start file or url kan be deleted, but the hidden file not.

To make a file hidden on IOS (and also on OSX!)  use a . in front of the filename.  You can save a visible copy by save as

a normal name to show the file again. 

Not an elegant solutions, but it works :-)

Best regards,

Ruben van den Boogaard

Infomatics Software

ruben@infomatics.nl

• 3. Re: Prevent Deletion of FM Go File on IOS Device?
              kacike

The "Hidden File" method is good enough for me.  I tested it and it works.  The file is not visible but accessible.  I still have to work out the opener and iTunes backup but should also work.

Thank you for all replies