4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 11:44 PM by MarkNZ

Length of Value List

MarkNZ

Hi all,

I cuurently have a Value List set on a field in Invoice line Item portal, however the value dropdown list only shows 4 availabe lines for selection..can I change this to show more lines.. options etc.. as The Value list is populated with at least 15 items.

Ive had a look around but cant find where I can change this..your thoughts

Thanks

• 1. Re: Length of Value List

Hi Mark,

I can't see why you should have this problem and must therefore presume that there is something unusual about the way you've setup the Value List.

Can you share a screen shot or two of the way you've configured the Value List? That might help to pinpoint the problem.

It certainly cannot be a limitation of FMP as we have some 15K product codes in the drop down list for our Invoice Line Items portal which actually makes it necessary for a filtering utility!

Regards,

John

• 2. Re: Length of Value List

Hi Mark,

Do the values which show all have numbers in them?  You might check the field's data type. If accidently a number only some values show (those with numbers).

• 3. Re: Length of Value List
              MarkNZ

Hi John..

I was only getting the first record of each Product ID.. i should have been getting all records related to a single product ID..

It was someting that was set incorectly in the Set Fields for Value List dialog..it was to do with the second show field choice & the Sort by first & or the second Field..

I dont exactly know what.was behind the problem, but just changed acouple of setting and away we went..

So Thanks for your help

Mark

• 4. Re: Length of Value List
                MarkNZ

Hi LaRetta Happy New Year to You..

I was only getting the first record of each Product ID.. i should have been getting all records related to a single product ID..

It was someting that was set incorectly in the Set Fields for Value List dialog..it was to do with the second show field choice & the Sort by first & or the second Field..

I dont exactly know what.was behind the problem, but just changed acouple of setting and away we went..

So Thanks for your help

Mark

PS: Is there any control over how a Value list appears when selecting a choice? ie: There dosnt seem to be much of a gap between the first and second show choice. Can colour be added..just wondering