3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2013 10:23 AM by BruceRobertson

Importing data into related fields

cdcreek

I have in the past successfully imported rxcel files into a onetable DB. My question is.................Is it posible to import data into a starter solution (specifically "Event Management")? I have a large excel file of tasks thaa I would like to import into the Task table but it doesn't show up in the import dialogue box. appreciate any help/comments. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Importing data into related fields
          raybaudi

Some layouts are hidden.

To show them, you have to go:

File > Manage > Layouts... > Manage Layouts

and check the box of the desired one.

• 2. Re: Importing data into related fields
            cdcreek

Danielle,

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  In the "event management" starter solution the tables are unavailable.

I am trying to import tasks only into the task table but it is greyed out.  I really appreciate your help.

Christian M. Deutsch

Acuity Systems, Inc.

Strategic Advisor

Cell 917-355-7200

Please note that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups from your computer.The information included is from sources deemed reliable. No representation is made as to the accuracy thereof and is submitted subject to errors and omissions.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Importing data into related fields
              BruceRobertson

The second part of Daniele's solution is that once you have made the task-based layouts visible you need to GO to one of the task layouts before starting your import.

1 of 1 people found this helpful