I have read all the posts I can find on this matter but other than this (http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/64713-server-side-imports-and-exports/), the available comments are too fuzzy to help much.
A large, trusty script I wrote using FM Advanced 12 works well for me and relies on several table-to-table export/imports (controlled by scripted pre-Finds in the source tables). This all transpires within the same hosted file. The net result is to compile a set of records that constitute the Line Items of a Sales Order.
Since it is too intensive for processing on the sales force iPads, I'm attempting to migrate it to run Server Side, but the Import commands I rely upon now generate an Error 100 (File is Missing) in the Server Log.
Seeing a suggestion about a slave machine, I set up a slave FM Adv. 12 share on another machine with ONE script in it whose single script step (Perform Script) simply remotely runs my problematic server-side script (the server is set as a Remote Data Source). I reconfigured my scheduled script on the server to run a new script whose single script step (Perform Script) runs the slave machine's single script (now functioning as a call-back script). This script executes properly from a client session. To defeat me, when the server schedule executes that same script the single Perform Script step in it generates an Error 100 in the Server Log - so it doesn't execute and I'm beat.
By the way, the FM Server instance is running on a Windows Server 2008 box, I have Mac and PC clients. Anyone solving this for me is eligible for a modest reward (if they aspire to more than the immense glory of addressing this issue).