2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 6:14 PM by rhythmos

Batch Processing for FileMaker 12 Standalone Converter Utility?

davidness

My fp7 solution is around 80 files. I don't see an easy way to have the Standalone Converter batch process the whole group, whereas (the slower) FMP 12 will allow you to select multiple files for conversion. Am I missing a way to batch process the group?

• 1. Re: Batch Processing for FileMaker 12 Standalone Converter Utility?
          nickorr

David,

Whatever method you're using to call the command line tool can just call it multiple times.  How were you planning on using it?

You could also setup a .bat file on windows or a shell script on the mac to process the entire contents of a folder if you wanted.

Cheers,

Nick

• 2. Re: Batch Processing for FileMaker 12 Standalone Converter Utility?
            rhythmos

I've been wondering the same thing. Nicholas makes a reasonable point, except that I was under the impression that Filemaker client's batch processing also took care of data references among the files in the batch, and I don't see how the Standalone Converter does that, even with a looped batch file of one's own that repeatedly calls the Standalone Converter.

With that in mind, my sense is the Standalone Converter is useful for enormous, single-file monolithic solutions conversion, rather than the folder-full-of-files solution.