3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 9:53 AM by dbsjef@gmail.com

How to improve Performance..???

Anirudh

Hello All !!!

My application have to many relationships that causes low performance..

Have anyone Idea to improve it's performance..??

Anirudh

• 1. Re: How to improve Performance..???
          gdurniak

How many is "too many" ?

Which version of FileMaker ?

Please give more detail

and search this forum for "performance". You might get some suggestions

greg

> My application have too many relationships that causes low performance..

Have anyone Idea to improve it's performance

• 2. Re: How to improve Performance..???
            schiang

1. when you have to go through amount of records  for any sort of update or changes, make sure you use go field[...}, staying in during looping, which can save you time from record committing.

2. If you have to create many "NEW" records, it takes time. I ever use this way,

-find a previous old record, and use "duplicate" to produce the records you want.

-then you update those records.

it runs much faster than you NEW one after one.

• 3. Re: How to improve Performance..???
              dbsjef@gmail.com

I and two other respectable programmers have tweaked my AMOS software for performance and there is nothing else that we can do as programmers to improve its performance.  I'm currently using FM11 which is dreadfully slow but it's better than FM12.  I started with FMII and FM11 will probably be the end of the line for me.  Filemaker is more concern about features than performance.  What good are features if you don't have performance.  Filemaker don't understand performance because they aren't users.

John Fitch

Database Solutions