I'm using the FM12 remote container (RC's) feature in a solution that consists of 5 files. 1 file is the main file containing 95% of the infrastructure and there are 4 other ancillary files. I have a daily scheduled backup that backs up all 5 files and recently noticed the main file was not included in the backup.
Upon investigation I found out the issue was the backup was aborting due to a remote storage error; one of the files could not be backed up (copied). The error is contained in the email sent by the server and is as follows:
2012-12-28 16:00:09.504 +1100 Error 766 SG FMSv12 Backup of "<<FM_FILENAME>>" aborted; error (-1) creating remote container folder "filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups/Hourly/Hourly_2012-12-28_1600/Databases/<<FM_FILENAME>>/RC_Data_FMS/<<FM_FILENAME>>/Images/<<FileName>>".
When I create a schedule backup with JUST this main file included I get the same error but the file IS backed up. So I have a few questions:
1. The Status of the backup in the FM Console reads "OK". Why does it say this when the main file didn't get backed up?
2. Is there any way to stop the RC's being backup up - I really don't need any more copies of the files?
3. How can I find out what is causing the RC's to generate the error? The images appear fine in FileMaker and I've deleted the references (from FM) and created them again and they still fail.
4. Why does the FileMaker file fail to be backed up just because the RC's can't?
5. Why does the file fail to backup when it's part of a set but work when it's on its own?