4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 8:22 AM by comunicasoft_fmp76298

Filemaker server 12 advanced

comunicasoft_fmp76298

MiniServer 10.6.8 with Filemaker server 12 advanced
      2 network adapters: IP 77 public .... 192,168 and a private ...
      when accessing some files from the Internet files are not loaded, relationships do not work? portals do not see the related records .. Why? Some scripts coupling between archives do not complete the course and do not give errors! Why? Help me, thanks

Antonio Compostella

• 1. Re: Filemaker server 12 advanced
          wimdecorte

Are there multiple files in the solution?   Are they all hosted on the same server?

What do the file references look like?  Do they start with "fmnet:" or with "file:"

• 2. Re: Filemaker server 12 advanced
            comunicasoft_fmp76298

Yes multiple files (30 files) with file "MENU" the first file of the solution

with "file:name" not fmnet:.....

I have to give all the references of the files? Include fmnet with all IP network adapters?

• 3. Re: Filemaker server 12 advanced
              wimdecorte

I have to give all the references of the files? Include fmnet with all IP network adapters?

No, "file:" is the best reference if all the files are on the same server.

Not sure why you would be able to open some files from the the internet and not others.  Clearly the 5003 port is open otherwise you would not be able to open any files.

Is there a reason why the server is directly accessible from the internet instead of using a proper firewall and route the traffic to it?

Is the 192.168 address a static address or a DHCP one?  What's the private #?

I would probably enable just one NIC on the machine, put it behind a real firewall/router so that FMS only has one static internal IP address to deal with.

Side note: are the people comeing from the internet using a different account/priv set?  If so maybe there is an issue there with not having access to some of the files?

• 4. Re: Filemaker server 12 advanced
                comunicasoft_fmp76298

I checked out fine. Problem solved by directing users and files with "file" so that all work well on both networks. Thanks See you