4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 4:42 PM by wimdecorte

Send Event Calculation

stratlake

I'm trying to move a file from one windows directory to another using "Send Event". I would ordinarily use a batch file, however the path to the original file that I want to copy is a field.

Currently I'm trying to use:

Set Variable $Path {"cmd /c copy "&Frame Types Doc Store 2 SInvoices::Path&" J:PDFPDFtk inJobsheet2.pdf"} *Where ::Path is full path name.

Send Event {$path}

But having no success.

Can anyone help me?

• 1. Re: Send Event Calculation
          LyndsayHowarth

I would think you need to be looking at the "Export Field Contents" script step if the field is a container field and you need to look at "Export" to export the contents of a field containing character data.

- Lyndsay

• 2. Re: Send Event Calculation
            wimdecorte

No need to export anything or for a batch file.  What you're missing is quotes around the path if it contains spaces.

Can you post back with an example of what is in the $path variable when you execute this?

• 3. Re: Send Event Calculation
              stratlake

The $path variable is cmd /c copy J:/Frame Types/Gilmore (Facade 1)_Timber Frame (VP).pdf J:\PDF\PDFtk\bin\Jobsheet2.pdf

Quotes around the path (assuming you are talking about Frame Types Doc Store 2 SInvoices::Path) will return cmd /c copy Frame Types Doc Store 2 SInvoices::Path J:\PDF\PDFtk\bin\Jobsheet2.pdf

• 4. Re: Send Event Calculation
                wimdecorte

stratlake wrote:

The $path variable is cmd /c copy J:/Frame Types/Gilmore (Facade 1)_Timber Frame (VP).pdf J:\PDF\PDFtk\bin\Jobsheet2.pdf

Quotes around the path (assuming you are talking about Frame Types Doc Store 2 SInvoices::Path) will return cmd /c copy Frame Types Doc Store 2 SInvoices::Path J:\PDF\PDFtk\bin\Jobsheet2.pdf

cmd /c copy "J:\Frame Types\Gilmore (Facade 1)_Timber Frame (VP).pdf" "J:\PDF\PDFtk\bin\Jobsheet2.pdf"

Should work. I've added quotes and used back-slashes instead of forward slashes in the source part.  Note that I've quotes around both path/filename combos.  It's a good idea to do even if a path or file name does not currently contains spaces, it makes your code future proof.