0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2013 11:45 AM by carlo.m

Detecting Internet Connection State on iOS (FAST)

carlo.m

Currently (to my knowledge), if a hosted file is unavailable one of two things happens:

a) it is not available because it is closed on the server. Quick response of Error 100

b) there is a problem with connection (iOS has no connection, no connection to Server, Server Network Unavailable, FMS not running) Long wait (about a minute) and you get Error 802

With FMGO solutions, the majority of the time there is a problem connecting to FMS it is that the device itself has no connection. I've looked through all functions and script steps looking for a quick way to have you deployed file know if it has connection or not.

I'm hoping someone out there has run into this particular problem as well and has found a better way to do it than I have.

As of know, this is the fastest way I have found to run the check:

Requirements:

One field that is ON the layout. I have created a global field on my utility table (Utilities::InternetTest) [text].

One Script

Script:

//Requirement: Must be on layout that has InternetTest field on layout, (doesn't have to be visible— can be outside the canvas)

Set Error Capture [On]

Allow User Abort [Off]

Insert from URL [ Select ; No dialog ; Utilities::InternetTest ; "http://google.com" ]

If [ Get (LastError) ≠ 0 ]

//Continue with sync script

Else

//Stop Sync Script, try again later

End