1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 11:48 AM by laguna92651

Omitting some of found set

user447

Is there a way to omit all of the found set EXCEPT the current record?

When I go to related records from a portal I am given 6 records, but I only want to deal with the first one.

• 1. Re: Omitting some of found set
          timcimbura

The trick I use are these script steps in order...

Show All Records

Omit Record

Show Omitted Only

That works in most cases...a fancier script is the following...

• 2. Re: Omitting some of found set
            user447

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Omitting some of found set
              laguna92651

Hi, I have a similar problem using GTRR from a portal, except whenever I select a row with a GTRR I get a related set and always land on the record of the first row. Is there a way to land on the record of the selected portal row.

• 4. Re: Omitting some of found set
                cjshroll

I am also struggling with the same problem.

When selecting a portal row, I need a means to go to just the portal row in an appropriate layout for that record.

I have tried GTRR, but it finds all related records. I want to just find the specific record selected from the portal.

I have a customer table related to a vehicle table. I'm showing a customer record including a portal with their related vehicles(cars)

I want to be able to select a row from the portal and show that record in a layout for the vehicle table.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• 5. Re: Omitting some of found set
                  Oliver_Reid

If you attach the gtrr step to a button in the portal then clicking it in a portal row will take you to that related record

Then use

Show All Records

Omit Record

Show Omitted Only

To narrow to the current record

• 6. Re: Omitting some of found set
                    laguna92651

[Second edit]

[Just noticed I didn't use the GTRR, let go fix the script, is the right idea?]

Could you explain your process a little more? Is the GTRR button on the portal row?

I have a portal based on Invoice Lines and I want to go to the parent Invoice of the selected Line.

If I do a button on the Invoice Line portal with a straight GTRR, I am taken to the related invoices but don't land on the specific invoice that the line references, which is what I would like.

If I attach this script to the button, I am not able to select the Invoice layout on the GTRR setup,  let alone get to the specific Invoice ID. Is this the concept you are suggesting, I may have it all wrong?

Go to Related Record (I can't select the Invoice Layout in the GTRR setup)

Show All Records

Omit Record

Show Omitted Only

Thanks

• 7. Re: Omitting some of found set
                      Oliver_Reid

Yes but the button on the portal row

re

"Go to Related Record (I can't select the Invoice Layout in the GTRR setup)"

That is just not true. Make sure you use teh TO the portal is based as the "From" table. if the portal lists invoices that you can use any Invoice based layout.

• 8. Re: Omitting some of found set
                        laguna92651

Okay I am getting to the correct layout now. But the Invoice selected is always the first Invoice in the subset, which makes sense because the script says, Show All Records puts me on the first record, then Omit Record omits it, then the Show Omitted Only shows only the omitted record, which will always be the first record in the set won't it?

I have on the starting portal which is based on a Lines table:

LinesID      InvoiceID      ProductID      Price          Script button

82               2                 182               $50               x

97               1                 151               $65               x

102            27                  45               $35               x

If click on the script button, x, for InvoiceID 27 I get taken to InvoiceID 1. If I click InvoiceID 2 I still get taken to InvoiceID 1 on the targeted Invoice layout. This is the script on button x

Go to Related Record [From table: "Invoice_Lines"; Using layout: "Invoices_Form" (Invoices)]

Show All Records

Omit Record

Show Omitted Only

Thanks

• 9. Re: Omitting some of found set
                          christinesephton

Why not capture the Invoice ID and then go the record and perform a fined:

Example:

Set Variable [$id] Calculation: PortalTable::Invoice ID

Go To Layout [Desired Layout Name]

Perform Find [Invoice ID=$id]

This will solve your problem with only 3 steps.

Thanks,
                          Christine

• 10. Re: Omitting some of found set
                            comment

laguna92651 wrote:

I have on the starting portal which is based on a Lines table:

LinesID      InvoiceID      ProductID      Price          Script button

82               2                 182               $50               x

97               1                 151               $65               x

102            27                  45               $35               x

If click on the script button, x, for InvoiceID 27 I get taken to InvoiceID 1.

That is not the expected behavior. You should get taken to the related record - which is Invoice 27 in your example. Moreover, if you select the 'Show only related records' option, Invoice 27 should be the only record in the found set (assuming the relationship between Invoices and Lines is a one-to-many).

laguna92651 wrote:

This is the script on button x

Go to Related Record [From table: "Invoice_Lines"; Using layout: "Invoices_Form" (Invoices)]

I thought you wanted to go to the related record from the Invoices table?

• 11. Re: Omitting some of found set
                              comment

Christine Sephton wrote:

This will solve your problem with only 3 steps.

And GTRR will do it in one.

• 12. Re: Omitting some of found set
                                christinesephton

I am aware of that Michael, however he was asking for a script non Related Record Function way of doing it.  I did not know this was a contest?

Christine

• 13. Re: Omitting some of found set
                                  laguna92651

The source layout is based on a table called Articles and the portal on the source layout is based on a TO called Invoice_Lines and I want to go to a layout based on Invoices. The Invoice_Lines TO has a foriegn key kf_InvoiceID in it.

• 14. Re: Omitting some of found set
                                    comment

laguna92651 wrote:

The source layout is based on a table called Articles and the portal on the source layout is based on a TO called Invoice_Lines and I want to go to a layout based on Invoices.

That's not sufficient information. The real question here is do you have an unbroken chain of relationships linking Articles to Invoice_Lines and (the very same TO of) Invoice_Lines to Invoices.

1 2 Previous Next