4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 2:19 PM by user18951

question about posting

user18951

Good Afternoon -

Dumb question.

I'm trying to copy from a script to this forum for some support advice. I've lost my mind.

How the heck do you copy and paste text out of a script?

Thanks -

Dave

• 1. Re: question about posting
          nickchapin

Script copying (whole scripts or lines) is in XML and the clipboard is not generally accessible. You can copy, of course, from within the calc engine. Your best bet to show script steps is to take a screen shot or print to pdf.

• 2. Re: question about posting
            sporobolus

on 2013-01-18 19:05 Nick Chapin wrote

Script copying (whole scripts or lines) is in XML and the clipboard is not

generally accessible. You can copy, of course, from within the calc engine.

Your best bet to show script steps is to take a screen shot or print to pdf.

screen shots & PDFs are extra work for email readers of this forum; i generally

retype the script into an email, which is enough extra work to cause me to

simplify my post; for those who do this alot there are plugins that can convert

the a script on the clipboard to text; i don't use one so i'll let others

recommend them

and if one is going to attach a screen shot, why not just attach a database

with the script and showing the behavior?

• 3. Re: question about posting
              beverly

When I print to PDF, I can generally select and copy the "print". A minor bit of clean-up is faster than re-typing long scripts. But since this forum likes to munge things like square brackets, I often try to include the pdf or jpeg, too.

Beverly

• 4. Re: question about posting
                user18951

Thank you all for the advice.  I'll probably print to pdf, then extract the text from there.

I appreciate your help!