5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 6:23 PM by gdurniak

Report issue

robby@brays.net

Hello,

I have created a report that gathers Order lineitems, which are products being ordered, and then a subsummary, grouping the linetems by a date for production. The line items show the item name, order ID and a # of parts that associated with each item. Ex.

1 lineitem contains 16 pcs of material x, and 24 pcs of material y, and 108 pcs of material z. In each subsummary then, I have a material sum field for each of the items to show a grand total of material x's, Y's, and Z's for each day.

For some reason, the report works perfectly for some orders, and then zero's everything out on others. What would cause the report to see some Lineitems and not others?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Report issue
          Oliver_Reid

Please elaborate on what " and then zero's everything out on others" means. Are the line items 0 or the summary feilds? Are you using a summary calculation or a simple Sum field.

If teh the items are zeroing the test those fields on anoth layout with a list view and find why some are zero and some are not.

• 2. Re: Report issue
            christinesephton

Be sure to not use the Running Total option in the Summary field if you are doing sub summary on reports, as it will automatically do it for you.

Christine

• 3. Re: Report issue
              gdurniak

if you run a sub summary report of 6 items ( the same ),  any related trailing sub summary totals will be based on the last ( 6th ) record ( not the first )

so if that last record has a blank match field, the totals may be missing

greg

> For some reason, the report works perfectly for some orders, and then zero's everything out on others. 

• 4. Re: Report issue
                robby@brays.net

Let me ask this. What would cause a summery field to be incorrect?  Maybe if I start there and work backwards I can figure out what is happening.

• 5. Re: Report issue
                  gdurniak

Create a plain list layout showing the totals you need,  the "key" fields,  and any related values,  then browse thru the records and look for anything odd

greg

> What would cause a summery field to be incorrect?