1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2013 8:11 PM by christinesephton

How can I filter a specific number from a range of numbers?

andyball

Hi all, this is my first post so hopefully it will be the beginning of a long lasting relationship!

Here's my problem:

I have a number of tasks that are conducted throughout the year, some are weekly, some monthly etc.

I want the weekly tasks to pop up on a to do list at the start of each week.

Here's how my head works:

1. I can allocate the task a week number and filter for each week (1 to 52). I would need to copy the task 52 times and number each one 1 - 52.

2. I put in some script to say if task = 52 then produce each week.

3. I put in a script that will repeat the task every Monday throughout the year.

Can anyone help (even I realise option one is not good!!)

Thanks in anticipation

AB

• 1. Re: How can I filter a specific number from a range of numbers?
          christinesephton

I would consider using a server script (or client if you do not have server..just has to be done manually) that would run every Monday.

I would set the script to perform certain tasked based on the date and the type.

Example:

Weekly Might Be:

IF [Task Type="Weekly" and DayOfWeek(Get(CurrentDate))=2)]  //Look to see if the Day of the Week is Monday and if so it runs!

DO SOME TASK

END IF

Monthly Might Be:

IF[Task Type="Monthly" and

Let(

[d=Get(CurrentDate);m=Date(Month(d);Day(1);Year(d));dow=DayOfWeek(m)]; //Looks for the first Monday of the Month and if the Current Date matches it runs!

m+Case(dow=1;1;dow=2;0;9-dow)=d)]

DO SOME TASK

END IF

Just a suggestion. Not really too clear on what exactly you are doing..or how..but perhaps this will help?