0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 4:40 AM by gmint

Charting Based on Data Summarized Two Ways

gmint

After avoiding it for quite a while, I've finally gotten my hnads wet with the charting engine in FMP 12. By and large, I'm getting what I want when it comes to simple data, but despite having read a fair amount of documentation and examples, I've yet to fully wrap my head around some of the more complicated things I'd like to be able to do. My hope is that if I can work through the following problem (with some assistance from someone who is much more competent in this area than I) that I will be able to take that knowledge and extend it to other similar situations. In any case, here it goes.

What I have now:

-- A very nice bar graph showing aggregate sales data summarized by day. (Finding a set of records, sorting by day, and charting the resulting data)

A useful graph to be sure, but I'd like to make it even more useful by doing a stacked bar graph which breaks down each day into sales by type (e.g. cash, credit card). Of course, my sales are categorized by type (ItemID) but I can't quite figure out how to do this other than by creating several relationships. If that's how I have to go about it, then that's OK, but I was wondering if anyone could perhaps point me in the right direction and tell me how I might do this with a find and a sort (if it can be done).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!