2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 9:16 AM by IT_User

Can't Modify Record

IT_User

There is this message that pops up:

"is modifying this record" "you cannot use this record until" "is finished"

I know that when somoene is in the middle of editing and someone else tries to change it this pops.

However, the person who edited the record is no longer on the same record. They moved to a different one.

Do you know if this might be a connection issue?

I did an update once, and it took a few minutes for it to change on their end.

I should also mentioned that when I looked at the Admin console, things seem to look ok there, as well. No ghost users or anything.

• 1. Re: Can't Modify Record
          davidhamannmedia

Hi,

two suggestions:

However, the person who edited the record is no longer on the same record.  They moved to a different one.

Maybe the record is still open through a relation or another window?

I did an update once, and it took a few minutes for it to change on thier end.

Check the cache saving interval on the client.

• 2. Re: Can't Modify Record
            IT_User

Hi

Maybe the record is still open through a relation or another window?

I wondered if that might be the case, and I had asked or mentioned it, but it didn't seem to be the case.

I will have to look into that again.

I did an update once, and it took a few minutes for it to change on thier end.

Check the cache saving interval on the client.

Ok, thank you!