5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 7:27 AM by garydr

Problem installing FMPA 9v3 on a new iMac

garydr

Hello;

I hope someone can help me with this problem. We just replaced an older iMac with a new one which is running OS X 10.8.2. I have an installer disk for FileMaker Pro Advanced 9 v3. However after I run the install and try to run FMP I get the message

"some files that are needed are either damaged or not installed." At help.FileMaker.com (Answer ID: 7166) it says:

"When experiencing this issue, it has primarily been related to a damaged or corrupted FlexNet activation service file. To correct this issue, close out of FileMaker Pro 9/FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced and remove the following path depending on which platform you are using:

Windows: C:Program FilesCommon FilesMacrovision SharedFLEXnet Publisher

Mac OS: HD:Library:Application Support:FLEXnet Publisher:Service:11.03.005:FNPLicensingService

Once the FlexNet service file information has been cleared from the machine, uninstall FileMaker Pro 9/FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced completely and then perform a reinstall of the software. A new copy of the FlexNet service will be installed and you should now be able to open FileMaker Pro 9/FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced without any issue. "

I followed these instructions (deleting FileMaker and the prefs file, and reinstalled but am getting the same message.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Gary