5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 4:31 AM by pfroelicher

Error 757 on server side filemaker script

pfroelicher

Hello filemaker server cracks...

I have a problem for some time which is not crucial, but not very nice to leave it like this in the long run.

I run fms 12 on a MAC OS10.82 with Server 2.2. and one of my scripts gives the following error. It says:

2013-02-03 12:30:00.081 -0200 Error 757 access.embatek.com.br Schedule "ajustar q" aborted; FileMaker scripts can't be run because FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) process is stopped. Use the command "fmsadmin start fmse" to start the FMSE process.

However if I give this command in Terminal it says

access:~ pierre$ fmsadmin start fmse

Error: 10006

Also using sudo does not help .

I know that it must have to do with access privileges of the fmuser user that is created in the opendirectory db when installing fms but I do not know how to fix it.

Any hints?

Yours

Pierre

ps

I also get this error when running my backupscripts,

2013-02-03 12:00:10.457 -0200 Error 685 access.embatek.com.br Error occurred while deleting backup folder "filemac:/serverraid50gb/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups/Hourly_2013-02-02_1400/", some files or folders could not be deleted. (-1)

which is probably related.

• 1. Re: Error 757 on server side filemaker script
          wimdecorte

It looks like the permissions on the system are completely out of whack. Stop the FMS service after closing the files by using the "sudo launchctl stop com.filemaker.fms" command and then run a full system permissions repair.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error 757 on server side filemaker script
            pfroelicher

Wim,

thank you a lot for your answer. Do you mean the repair permission command of the system? to my knowledge this command only changes components installed by apple.

Since it runs on a company server, which runs flawlessly, not considering these problems, I would rather not apply such "systemwide commands.

To make at least the script engine run again, do you know what privileges I have to give to the fmsuser, which got created when I installed fms on the machine?

thanks for your help,

Pierre

• 3. Re: Error 757 on server side filemaker script
              pfroelicher

Anyway,

I did the permission repair, but to no avail.

I deleted the script schedule in question and tried to recreate it and it give me a "no scripts available for the specific account".

Even with a full access login, even on files that have a guest account open.

Yours

Pierre

• 4. Re: Error 757 on server side filemaker script
                pfroelicher

Solved:

The error 757, which asked to restart the script engine was resolved like this:

I gave first the terminal command

fmsadmin stop fmse

which asked for y,n, and ran after "y"

THEN....  I gave

fmsadmin start fmse

and this time the command ran without problems. (So it seems to me, that the error 10006 was actually only because the script engine was still running, not permiting to start). Stopping AND starting did the trick.

The Error 685 was also resolved. I saw that only one of my backup schedules had this problem. So I deleted the one in question, deleted all folders relating to it and recreated it and now it runs without problems.

I must say, that inbetween I did a "repair permission" as Wim suggested... I might also have helped.

Yours

Pierre

• 5. Re: Error 757 on server side filemaker script
                  pfroelicher

I just saw that the error 685 persists. It takes a day until the server starts to delete files.

Seeing from other posts I try to resetup my container fields because some people report this to be a solution.

p